[CBQ] Re: GN Unit's East of Twin Cities [1 Attachment]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: GN Unit's East of Twin Cities [1 Attachment]
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 14:12:21 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1395774748; bh=OWtaSGMMfBUhuEFyzuiPqus3ja9QehpVIXOeuFeGiWg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=ainaQVXcvFvJwNH0KlVv7XKPHyO+4cypmyS6yMqZa0xuS7d845rSmV2i6UDKOibqOEdB+GYq7C3okkRCCCAT1tRnmHr1IwzXWy6gh8NgqiGhfqnVUSdO/yM+RfBydl+pGzVoEePhiuwg9/Grv3L1hH8KDOBqtLBeR6+H0JjNQW4=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
qman,

Does this consist look familiar? See attached. I may have told this story on the list before and if so, I apologize. While the GN units were balancing horsepower hours, the GN was also trading similar units into EMD La Grange for new locomotives. While in Clyde Shop, one of the "cream puffs" was inadvertently ( or based on qman's description, they thought that was the best disposition!) sent with a group of trade ins units to La Grange. Nobody discovered the error until it was too late. The scrapped cream puff was credited to the GN on their next order.

I don't have a record of where I shot the photo of the GN units. Does anyone on the list know. It could be La Crosse. If the photo is stripped by Yahoo, it should show up in the Photostream section on the group web page.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO