Re: [CBQ] The Burlington Waycars & The Burlington Waycars Drawing Book I

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] The Burlington Waycars & The Burlington Waycars Drawing Book Index Available
From: Dale Grice <dfgrice@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:09:28 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1391213370; bh=V9ycF4lKZp1d/Q7wBp3XBVN7m+yTaN0J2rX/urgaut0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=BUTeJee0T9oXmHdRSlXlRa/FQlgNJOY9Wbk/8/52eHXCJzUMz/r31B2bxGSz5xakuhI2NapILe9y0Yu7FB7oJaFkp2b191HPJZriKOtsjTI1v5fSog2O2cUPSC1rhdBiG1xDeqII2X2XQax5yQnJwqk4/eFHe2d3G8x2UUFH8w0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Randy,

Been meaning to send you an email on this.

When Chris Hornocker bought 14006, we never moved it to Des Moines. It went directly to West Liberty, IA. You and I had traded some emails a while back on where it was located when Chris bought it. I have recently been scanning slides & B&W Negs and came across some notes. In the notes, I wrote 10/24/82 - Harvey, IA - jacking CB&Q caboose (yeah I know now - waycar :>) ). In looking at maps, and as I recall, the waycar was sitting in a large "lawn" on a slightly sloped hillside just South of hwy 92 and West of the tracks. I have not come across the photos that the notes reference. But I do have some B&W neg scans of 14006 in West Liberty, IA if you would like me to forward them on.

Dale Grice