[CBQ] Re: Oiling Track

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Oiling Track
From: "Phillips, III, J.A." <whstlpnk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:54:14 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1389743655; bh=p0/e4HwgD0E07kbqcorqTmbn7knI/BhJ69+NN46w40Y=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=QkN4T7bSC8/S+E03TM84spKKcZqi3HMMsVU6zMLmDM2WLiiVyV5+kujO8UjWbGbYNDnJphlERtRjUrlCpCOBp+DkpZmFq+o1eaDNqp021lWEsSFMdQARTe7ZL9HzVDybwUvw36Y9rdLKJeEURyV9ouiuLx95nE9P45BNQ84VWbM=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
WB All-

Thanks for the interesting comment on track oiling around Chicago to ward off
wear and tear from brine leakage. A couple of asides to that...

Is the Q's track oiler what is more commonly called a flange oiler in the
Pacific Northwest, or some other sort of device?

If the Q found this a necessary or valuable installation in Chicago, with its
vast stock markets, did it also find this useful in places like Kansas City or
perhaps Fort Worth?

Also, if the Q used this to fight brine leakage in the Chicagoland area, did
other roads use it for the same purpose in the same reason?

RSVP
John Phillips
Seattle

"I will put down the informal history of the shirt-sleeve multitude," says Inez
Mischitz. "What they had to say about their jobs, love affairs, vittles,
sprees, scrapes and and sorrows. The oral history is a great hodgepodge and
kitchen midden of hearsay. A repository of jabber. An omnium-gatherum of
bushwah, gab, palaver, hogwash, flap-doodle and malarkey. The fruit of more
than 20,000 conversations. What people say is history, what we used to think
was history, is only formal history, and largely false. I will put down the
informal history or I will perish in the attempt."

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com