[CBQ] “24 Hours @ Saginaw” 2013 - Schedule of Events

To: texomarailfans@yahoogroups.com, cbq@yahoogroups.com, cottonbelt@yahoogroups.com, espee_forever@yahoogroups.com, kcsnotes@yahoogroups.com, lrmrg@yahoogroups.com, mkt@yahoogroups.com, RITSlist@yahoogroups.com, tno@yahoogroups.com, trainorders@yahoogroups.com, ATSFgroup <atsf@yahoogroups.com>, Union Pacific <Union_Pacific@yahoogroups.com>, BNSF@yahoogroups.com, heritagelocomotives@yahoogroups.com, MOPAC@yahoogroups.com, dfwrr@yahoogroups.com, Cowcatcher Round Up <cowcatcher@verizon.net>
Subject: [CBQ] “24 Hours @ Saginaw” 2013 - Schedule of Events
From: Skip Waters <wgcrush@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 13:57:07 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1369342631; bh=DhipUXq3sOQlvw1uQVpbGH8tShbEZhwF+8Fx8nkQ9QM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=fN5jRzrQ1xh1fZeMILulNxxbbT7s8yg+r+OMMcUyab+NP2O3TJ/MODZb8vdWlTgcmQ9AmKfoCz99v8abv4wZAvKjyqy5ZLJLF3o+g90JKIx9tknrcwdsWmRniD3UnsB5JkKILZtKbvayKQbpCTqVM6qFZmNf+Djlvf9+858WqOg=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Schedule of Events
(Please pass this on to your rail friends)

8th Annual “24 Hours @ Saginaw” 2013

Saginaw Heritage Center (the depot)
301 S. Saginaw Blvd.
Saginaw, Texas 76179
www.saginawtxchamber.org

Sponsored by,
North Texas Chapter, NRHS
Saginaw Chamber of Commerce
and Choo Choo Express Trackless Trains

Friday, May 24th and Saturday, May 25th, 2013
7:00 pm - 7:00 pm (24 Hours)

Schedule of Events:

Friday, May 24th

7:00 pm - Event Begins

Activities
- Train watching begins
Silent Auction Begins
- Sign in and log your time
- Railroad videos
- Safety rules displayed
- Door Prizes
- Pass the hat for Pizza
- Give aways

Official Train counter for this year's event is again Richard Whitenight - watch for video posts

Programs:

7:05 pm - “Operation Lifesaver” presentation
Silent Auction Begins

8:00 pm - Steve Allen Goen - "Wichita Falls & Southern"

8:30 pm - Steve Allen Goen - "The Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore"  Passenger trains of Texas

9:00 pm -
Randy Nelson - "Nomo's Northwest"

10:00 pm - Will Hemb - "Rails Rails Rails"

Silent Auction Ends

11:00 pm - Skip Waters - Mysteries at the Museum - "Crash at Crush" episode

12:00 am - The Midnight Special is a private screening of "Weekend Railroaders" - a documentary film by Scott Peterson made in 2011.  This is a well done film on Speeders and their operations.  A must see!

Saturday, May 25th

- Train watching continues
- More Railroad videos

1:00 am - DVD - Steve Allen Goen - "Surpise video"

2:00 am - "Great Locomotive Race" Trivia Game - Skip Waters

3:00 am -
DVD - Bill Harmon's Zuluka Productions - "Texas Short Lines"

4:00 am -
DVD  - Bill Harmon's Zuleka Productions - "AT&SF - Dallas Subdivision"

5:00 - 9:00 am - Mike Moore with the North Texas T-Trak Model Railroad Club display

6:00 am -  DVD  -
Bill Harmon's Zuleka Productions - "AT&SF - Fort Worth Subdivision"

7:30 am -  DVD - "Amtrak: The First 40 Years 1971-2011"

9:00 am -
DVD - "The Story of the Locomotive Chase"

10:00 am - Marc Montray - Live Horn Demonstration outside

10:30 am - DVD - Bill Harmon's Zuleka Productions - "Tarantula Express" revised

12:00 pm - "Lets Talk Trains" Radio Show - Live broadcast with host Skip Waters

12:05 pm - Steve Allen Goen - "844 on the FW&D"

Silent Auction Begins

1:00 pm -
Jerry Nunn - "A Collection of Recent Rail Photos from North Texas and Arkansas"

2:00 pm -
Bryan Flint - "12 Months of railfanning from the frozen north to the Gulf Coast"

3:00 pm - "Great Locomotive Race" Trivia Game

4:00 pm -
Mark Montray - "2 Okies visit the Northeast Corridor"

5:00 pm - Bradley Linda - "Shot since Saginaw 2012"

Silent Auction Ends

6:00 pm -
Patrick Phelan - "Steam on the Rails"

7:00 pm - Event Ends - Slide Show Auction Begins!

Programs subject to change without notice. More programs will be announced at the event. We welcome anyone who would like to show off their stuff. Just bring it!

Post Saginaw event:  "Slide Show Auction"
This year stay afterward to watch and bid on slides that you can take home.  Bids will start at .25 (quarter) and go up at a quarter per bid.  If no one bids, the slide will be added to the next slide to purchase, max 3 slides.  If no one buys, we start again.  Slide must be paid upon sale.  You bring the cash, we will have the quarters. 20% proceeds go to the North Texas Chapter, NRHS to help restore and preserve railroad artifacts through our grant program.

Internet Radio Show to catch this year...

"Lets Talk Trains" Show will broadcast LIVE at the depot on Saturday 12:00 noon - 2:00pm central with host Skip Waters and special guest Gerald Hook of Russellville, Arkansas.  Gerald spent over 28 years with the KCS in the sales and marketing department.  Learn about a side of railroading not often talked about.  Plus Live reports from 24 Hours @ Saginaw.  Check it out, call in or just listen at:

FOLLOW "24 Hours @ Saginaw" on FACEBOOK. Log in or sign up and go to:
http://www.facebook.com/24HoursatSaginaw

Everyone is welcome to attend, even if it's just for a few hours. We
look forward to having you drop by and share some train watching
fellowship with some Rail-Fun, Rail-Friendly, Rail-Fans.

FREE admission, but we would like a $5 donation to help offset our insurance costs.
This year we have lots of door prizes and giveaways!  First come, first serve.

Now don't just sit there... Y'all come have FUN, Ya-Hear!

Skip Waters
Vice President, Trips and Events
North Texas Chapter, NRHS