Re: [CBQ] ballast color

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] ballast color
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 06:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1347887433; bh=haL9q8dXOG6LKMU09K0rJGR5mX0y+crmiW4ow1S6Mm8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=rKfK6/smraZ6d5QUqKCshNDyI+nxR9PLS237Jr9wrQbI2LBb0WGiEwYrSdxkgp0rZi2K+c6RV6EbA+1j0XX8djuyyWg2nL7WgLrrk5sepzmDu94y7emyIz9misV5IV4s
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I personally did the track chart CD it was not done by the society and the only other person who helped with it was Mike Spoor who allowed me to use track charts from his collection to scan them and put them on CD.  The reason it was done was to help raise money which was all sent to Illinois Railway Museum to help in the restoration of SD 24 No.504 .
The CD's were only sold at BRHS meets and once the demand was gone I have not reissued any.
There was no personal gain except the satisfaction of sharing the material IF you were not at a meet I did send a couple via US Mail but I am not set up to attempt that method of reproduction.
This would be a good place to look for color as Slag was often gray, cinders black and often gravel and sand was also used.  The Rock did not come till after merger
Steve Holding
retired in SC