[CBQ] Re: Commuter train personnel

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Commuter train personnel
From: "richardforst2004" <reforst@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 18:06:34 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1344017197; bh=92/4euCtj5IDMvz0YC8/SmDK5Fyu8uHM51N9ARNj6TU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=qk1f6xBMN+oifh2S7bPXRRZuaOKBtR3tFqU62q+MdOo1ePPg/dIJzn7TdsOfGNXbxloNqagQ+o68mVM543Br21hzyNH8Nv0Fvx72Vg0ns+XBjfE7sqiryjYzhUz6Q39i
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Remember that early afternoon eastbound Dinkie with the combine power car was
also the "Remittance Train".  I worked suburban stations as a relief Agent in
the late 1960's and early 1970's in the summers while attending college and I
had to meet the train to send the daily station ticket sales money to the GOB,
besides baggage.  Each summer I worked mainly La Grange, Hinsdale and Downers
Grove stations, beside various other locations and House 9 relief jobs, and
sometimes during the school year.  Those first of the month ticket sales (cash
and checks) for the Monthly Commuter Pass money going on the train was
substantial.  We also had to seal the remittance envelope with wax and the
station seal as part of the procedure.  As I understand, before Metra took over
the commuter operation the BN hired Brinks run a truck to each depot to pick up
the daily money.  Richard Forst, Tualatin, OR

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com