Re: [CBQ] Re: BLI E8s [plated sides?]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: BLI E8s [plated sides?]
From: Jim's Junction <trains28@bresnan.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:03:05 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1342800190; bh=6+QPYJmAOB2JqmNfpUgtfJGxEzIUvxWeKN/d+R2CSXU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-CNFS-Binding:X-CNFS-Scan:X-CNFS-Analysis:X-CM-Score:X-Scanned-by:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=AE2IzLnRA7VrPajEGZDkNj49fQ06ORN/nDJSDwBX/dpx65yvU60VKAAXNB/oOLzN03RF8zBxLazdHtRVR1b1MkWeNkCDkVXK11Ed3Xeam/mp1+n9ejAgCw7itPuYwIiM
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
     I have a previous run of BLI CB&Q E-8's and of the E-9's- and
the side panels are 'plated' not painted. The nose, cab & roof are
painted silver as per prototype, but the side panels are actually
plated to look like Stainless Steel. They did a very nice job on
these and since the newest BLI announcement says 'Stainless Steel
sides'- I assume they will be just like the first run.

    John Olson

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com