Re: [CBQ] Major updates at Castle Graphics

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Major updates at Castle Graphics
From: sartherdj@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 18:20:50 EST
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1299367265; bh=cz9ZLEP1uRNtjyGqf6YYBf77BLJ1rg5noTFDMvPjrBY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-AOL-IP:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-SENDER:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=LkaHcnqedJWoVc9eVFEU/UTDO4lFpD0ttz3zmpGPbsWUPgHFeOQ94MmahWehykFmnN9dVzUz4ZuW8iDfYyQuD2dHa7XVxn9eJ2VEACDIei7waQxZ+LOQIJGuhSeECP/g
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jan,

Thanks for sharing these great photos with us on line.  Definitely  some
neat stuff.

Years ago, when the railroads were scrapping 40' box cars by the thousands,
 Rob Manley and I were able to gain access to a Metro scrap yard and
photograph 40 footers from dozens of different railroads to our hearts
content.
The scrap yard was located along the edge of Lake Michigan so  they had
easy access to large ships located in the port there.  It appeared  that it
didn't take to long for the scrapper to get the cars dismantled, the  steel
chopped into pieces and then loaded on ships (my guess would have been  headed
to Japan).  Now let's see, where did I pack those old slides  at before I
moved to Tucson?

Later,  Dave S.   Tucson, AZ

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com