[CBQ] Re: CBQ Locomotive Sounds and DCC Decoders

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CBQ Locomotive Sounds and DCC Decoders
From: "Dale" <dfgrice@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 19:15:44 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1294341356; bh=JakFCfTcXSf3FBoSoTI2T2bAmpListEl4nZXm6506aY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=l7xJENxFUb7W7h0ah3XFQAJfUklCE1f5P6q5wSv6QZARQvN5L3k6KvFf0W3fxIVzl2aYIKPlhO6KvxNZLDC8GrrW6iOS94acuL6XqUSivyIv5Yf+NbC0Ho6Wy0uu4a8p
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have not, but,

I have been dabbling with the loksound 3.5 DCC decoder. I took the first track
of Sunday only with the dynamo start up, digitized it with Audacity, and use it
in one of my engines. Sounds pretty good to me.

For the shutdown, I reversed the start up file in Audacity, lengthened slightly
and loaded it. Not as good. Since I was trying to conserve room, it stops too
quickly. Oh well.

I have been planning on digitizing a whistle. Just haven't gotten to it. I have
done a Southern whistle from a cassette tape and used this particular engine as
a test bed. Whistle did not turn out very good. But I think that was due to my
source material.

The F's, GP7/9's, and the SD7/9 use a stock horn available in the loksound 3.5
projects. I just don't remember what model horn it is off the top of my head.

Dale Grice

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com