[CBQ] Re; SD45's

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re; SD45's
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:18:03 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1251296332; bh=TtBL38StUk8aOAK9W3emsbPoTO8PQBkOYNKMkMw7NhU=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=NmbL8cPOMIrOoQt9J7f6OqgP1neFUtyulHP0yrAyppBUkQtdfXyju9dquopJdesF8+cbUN78hRayuiBZeuzU8AT9X+7JAZ4CXwIQknUbopDXVa1detq3M1LFhjsgD/G8
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Group,

Sorry about yesterday's post in reply to Karl's post. I am not sure
what happened. Anyway, here is the response that I intended.

Bill Barber

Karl,

Amen to that! The SD45 did just what it was designed to do. It
mission was to provide the tractive effort of an SD40 and speed of
GP40. It was, in effect, a compromise, but it gave the RRs an
alternative and was particularly valuable to  those customers who
operated over both flat land and mountainous trackage. It was a
favorite of mine also, and I particularly liked the later Dash-2
version as many of the operational bugs had been eliminated. It was
arefined version of the original which operated extremely well over
the years. Unfortunately, Q's successor, BN, gave up on the SD45
before the Dash-2 version was released.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO