Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q E8A available!

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q E8A available!
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:51:17 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1238511043; bh=rBI7u/hALLQgcYV0X3V0kNjrWlcLDaM0tWdRTUH3KsM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=AFSmZ066hqc+BoewKAs5Pcpb43e26JMltcRNgd28HUpkcDVNKNBI31GltB2GTRt1PSMwQcsN4NvAVB4HtE/9wVaW2vVObLGMUWfCgGgFsfIW4tyL/fgdOiD70PV23jqf
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Basically, you'd have to do a multi-flat car move (or low-boy).  Even
if put on temporary trucks, it would be impossible to move.  Once the
dollars are paid to get it rigged (disassembled, craned, tied down,
etc.) you have to pay for the move to its new home.

Now, we're I really interested in this locomotive (and I confess,
that the M&StL has never been more than blip for me) - I would see if
there were a possibility for a training exercise with the
military.  I know they've moved some stranger stuff.  And it wouldn't
be a bad training exercise for them.  It is sort of an iconic granger
(well, non CB&Q granger) locomotive.

I find it more than ironic than a railroad with "St Louis" in its
name is found not to be in "focus on railroads in St. Louis".  I
understand it, mind you, I just find it ironic.

It's sort of a example of all that's going on now in preservation too
- no free lunch in terms of movement, storage, or anything else.