[CBQ] Long post: O scale on eBay, Indiana O scale brass auction, Mr. Co

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Long post: O scale on eBay, Indiana O scale brass auction, Mr. Corbin's models
From: "atsf90" <atsf3460@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:58:39 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1237579590; bh=2A7aAAj30FarxGQZ1BXta4gWihxoASWv7HfGqABaiuU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=DhOKlGRvwxWDvmC5u9UoYCsnbGybQZCypnRLE6YYFLAQTH/Q+KC6Z2tewqznHYxzIUZaH+qDFVR5MGZzSo34n0TNuCyUshyDf8SsTjBihVVWI7dNQdp6UCLj4dELtO26
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Just an FYI for the O scalers... there is and has been a lot of O scale models
on eBay recently listed by a seller that goes by the name:

mwinternetauctionsonmain

I suspect much of this was purchased at an auction at Stout Auctions held
February 28th and 29th in Williamsport, IN for resale on eBay.
mwinternetauctionmain lists an address on eBay as being in Cynthianna, KY.  I
don't think it's a stretch to think they may have bought all this stuff from
Stout and are now reselling on eBay.  (I haven't gone thru Stout's listing to
confirm if any of the items are identical).

The auction held by Stout's was a large O scale collection with a lot of brass
models.  The collection was owned by a Don Lake.  Has anyone heard of him?  I
didn't attend but wish I had.  There are a bunch of O scale CB&Q steam models
that were sold and I suspect many of them are scratchbuilt.  How many people
were building accurate O scale models of CB&Q steam?  Are any of these models
Mr. Corbin's stuff.  If you go to Stout auctions page and look at the February
28th auction just type CB&Q into the search box and take a look at what was
sold.  I'd love to know if anybody knows if these models were the work of Mr.
Lake's or possibly Corbin.

Mike Martin / Mahomet, IL