[CBQ] C&S SW1200

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] C&S SW1200
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 02:27:48 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have an HO Proto 2000 SW1200 painted as Q #9271, which I want to renumber as
one of the C&S joint line switchers in the 150 series.   To do this, I need to
remove the Q herald and numbers from the cab sides, the numbers to the left of
the lights on both ends, and the "Everywhere West" and "Way of the Zephyrs"
mottos on both sides of the hood.   One thing that complicates this is that the
mottos are over the louvers on both sides of the hood.   I don't want to ruin
the nice paint job on the model, but I would rather remove what I need to
instead of repainting the entire model.   Has anyone done something like this
who could share the techniques and substances used to remove portions of a
paint scheme?
- John Manion
  Denver, CO