[CBQ] C&I: the cut at Oregon, IL

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] C&I: the cut at Oregon, IL
From: "hoggerpete" <pdoo@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 17:16:29 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The cut at the top of the hill in Oregon appears to be in the process of being
"daylighted":
enormous earth excavation going on to apparently widen the entire top of the
hill, probably
1/4 mile long or more. Mile long form "B" protection. I had not made a trip
over the road in
over a month so it came as a surprise when I went through there yesterday.

Does anyone know what's going on up there?  I don't recall there being a
problem with it the
way it was.

First the wood bridge falls to an ugly modern concrete thing, and now this.

Pete D.