Re: [CBQ] Athearn SW1000 - First Ever Late Paint Scheme!

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Athearn SW1000 - First Ever Late Paint Scheme!
From: "M G Moore" <mmoore494@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 23:14:06 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
No matter how nicely they paint them,  I am disappointed in the preproduction
models I saw from National Train Show reports.  The photos of the CBQ painted
SW1000's at the show had full side handrails with stanchions.  The CBQ
prototypes only had the overhead side handrails above the walkway mounted on
the carbody.  See page 20 of Alfred J. J. Holck's "Burlington Route Color
Pictorial Volume 2" for excellent photos of factory paint and the repainted
#9314.

I can only hope the production models have the correct handrails.  Other that
flaw,  they are much improved over the earlier Athearn effort some years ago.

Mike Moore
Albert Lea,  MN.