Pre-War Budd Cars Re: [CBQ] Question on CZ Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Pre-War Budd Cars Re: [CBQ] Question on CZ Cars
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:29:53 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Well, I tried to convince them that it would be a good thing, as it
would cover other instances as well, and allow for more options in
other roads too.

Though, to be honest, no one (in HO) has done a pre-war coach
correctly.   Not in brass, not (certainly) in plastic.

But, the cars that they (Kato) did in N would fulfill a lot of needs
for a lot of CB&Q trains. (and C&S & FW&D).

To be honest though, I have to wonder about the passenger car market
at the moment, and how saturated it is.  There have been a few missed
opportunities (Walthers & Branchline producing a lot of the same HW
cars while  lot are waiting to be made) and a lot of duplication (or
to a more or less average fan seeming duplication) - in Superliners,
commuter cars and the heavyweights.

It is interesting to note that even now, if Walthers runs a
corrugated car, they get lots of letters complaining to them if they
don't letter it for Santa Fe - even if Santa Fe had noting similar
(like the NYC grill or tavern obs).  I really can't blame the
manufacturers given the mixed signals they get from their varied
liens of communication.

At 07:15 PM 2/29/2008, you wrote:
>I'd echo a call for pre-War Budds in HO.
>Duncan Cameron

Bob Webber