Re: [CBQ] Silver Fountain ( Hours, Spirit, Star) and Advanced Expo

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Silver Fountain ( Hours, Spirit, Star) and Advanced Expo
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:27:14 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
At one point, the Advanced Exposition Flyer continued to Salt Lake
City.  This train eventually became the second iteration of the
D&RGW's Prospector (before the black & yellow version).

As to if the Budd cars made it past Denver, I don't know.  I would
strongly suggest a browse through the DPL on line photo library and
see if you can pick them out of the train shots.

http://history.denverlibrary.org/research/index.html#digital
You'll want the "search the Digital Image Catalog" - for you or for
others who may (or may not! have hours of free time, the other
archives may present you with some fun too.

At 01:54 PM 12/27/2007, you wrote:
>Bob:
>
>dumb question there: the Silver Fountain was used on the Advanced Expo. The
>advanced Expo usually terminated at Lincoln (Nebr.). My understanding is at
>some time period the Adv. Expo continued more to west (right? If so, how
>far? Denver?). Now the question: did at certain time period appear the above
>car on the D&RGW trackage? (If so, when, where?)
>
>Too many questions, I know.
>Michal B.

Bob Webber