RE: [CBQ] LaGrange Interlocking Tower

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] LaGrange Interlocking Tower
From: GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:48:52 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rory:

There was a tower at Congress Park that controlled the interlocking just east
of LaGrange.  It was located at MP 13.19, on the north side.  The foundation
might still be there.  I measured it in 1992, and it was 15' x 30'.  I have
lost the dimension out from centerline of track, but I believe it was only
about 10' clear from the centerline of Main 1.  My guess is the tower came out
shortly after CTC was extended from LaVergne to Congress Park in 1958.  Contact
me off list if you want any more precise information on Congress Park.

Glen Haug

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.comFrom: murchi209@yahoo.comDate: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:08:48
+0000Subject: [CBQ] LaGrange Interlocking Tower

Was there an Interlocking tower to control switches at LaGrange? If so,
where?Thanks.Rory