[CBQ] Re: Western Avenue

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Western Avenue
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 04:03:36 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am curious about how the main tracks were laid out at Western Avenue
prior to the realignment that occured in the mid 60's.  I saw an
alignment chart from the mid 50's that suggests that mains 1 and 2
skirted around the north side of the Q property, and that there was an
engine lead that used an underpass to get under these two mains to the
roundhouse?  Mains 1 and 2, at least, were described as some .03 miles
longer than they are today.  Am I reading the diagram correctly?  And
mains 3 and 4 must have been separated by some distance from mains 1
and 2 in order to provide room for the engine lead.

Are there any known publishings that would have had maps or photos of
this area, so that the alignment of the mains could be tied down?

Glen Haug