[CBQ] Cars used by Farm Implement Mfgs.

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Cars used by Farm Implement Mfgs.
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:21:27 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Let me see if I can add some info to the conversation on service to the
implement companies in the Quad Cities.
My memory (haven't pulled the actual notes) of conversation w/Lew Peshia  and
Wade Gorman was that as the trucks took more business away the service  kept
getting reduced. At one point it was two turns out of Clyde w/layover in  Quad
Cities area(Bettendorf?),then Barstow was layover point,then job ran Eola  to
Barstow,then Mendota to Barstow round trip(this job was called the Moonlight
Job). Lew worked the job for some time. He said they did short work westbound
 and "ran" eastbound.

Here's what I found on Quad Cities service eastward in employee  timecards:

Timetable 23 dated 6/15/47:
#69 Daily except Sunday tri cities mdse leaves Clyde at 8:30PM, Eola
10:15PM,Mendota at 12:10AM,arrives Denrock 2:10AM. Dont have Galesburg Division

timecard.
#64 Daily except Sunday tri-cities mdse. leaves Denrock at 9:10PM,Arrives
Mendota at12:30AM,departs Eola at 2:20AM,Congress Park at 3:30AM and arrives
Clyde at 4:00AM.
There was also a mixed that travelled across the branch and a motor car
too!! Speed limit between Mendota and Denrock was P-50/F-35MPH !!!!

Timetable 52 dated 10/25/59:
Wayfreight extra leaves Mendota for Denrock daily except Sat and Sun at
2:30PM
Time freight extra leaves Denrock for Mendota at9:30PM daily except Sat and
Sun.
Speed limit on the branch was P-50/F-40 !!! No other scheduled service on
the line.

If we look at the interim timecards we can learn when the service was
reduced to Eola and then Mendota. If someone has the Galesburg div. timecards
they
can fill in the Quad Cities times.
We all know what happens to cars that have to make connections at
intermediate yards.

Leo