Re: [CBQ] Re: Ft Madison, Farmington, & Western RR

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Ft Madison, Farmington, & Western RR
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:44:03 +1200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
John

I remember meeting Dave back in 1996 during our See USA By Amtrak tour for
the Denver Meet when we came across the FtMF&W by chance and saw the ex-Q
hopper parked by the road.  That was the first surprise.  Not withstanding
the fact that it was out of season and the No Trespassing notice, we parked
and went walkabout and came across Dave and his wife (I think).  Having
explained where we were from and what my interests were, he insisted on
giving me a tour of the depot including a look at his restored d-bug -
surprise number two.

I bought a metal sign with the Burlington Route herald on it from his shop,
and it adorns the door of The Train Room to this day. I look forward to
visiting Minerville again, hopefully on an Open Day.

Please pass on our best wishes.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ