Re: [CBQ] 1904 renumbering

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 1904 renumbering
From: VERLIN WHITE <verlinwhite@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello,

  Could you add another subsidiaries line (The one I have been looking for) to
the list, "The Fulton County Narrow Gauge Railway"?

Rupert & Maureen <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
          In 1903-4, new numbers from a single CB&Q numbering system were
allocated to the equipment owned by the various subsidiaries, although the
actual process of actually painting on the new numbers appears to have taken up
to 4 years to complete. As regards freight equipment, the new numbers were only
allocated to the newer, larger equipment i.e. 33' minimum length, and the older
shorter equipment - typically 27' 5 1/2" long - "disappeared" by 1909
(excepting the Q's own shortie equipment that lasted on the roster until 1913)

I'm trying to identify the new numbers that were allocated in 1904 to the box
cars of each of the subsidiaries. I've been reasonably successful with other
car types but the box car renumbering is proving to be impossible. Does anyone
have any specific details of any number conversions in 1904?

The subsidiaries I've identified were -
Burlington & Missouri River
Hannibal & St Joseph
Chicago, Burlington & Kansas City
Iowa & St Louis
Jacksonville & St Louis
Kansas City & Omaha
Kansas City, St Joseph & Council Bluffs
Keokuk & Western
St Louis, Keokuk & North-Western
Have I missed any?

The Chicago, Burlington & Northern was renumbered with effect from 1900, and
Chicago, Ft Madison & Des Moines in about 1899 - can anyone confirm this date?

Any assistance would be very gratefully received.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ