[CBQ] Re: Main track Designations at Aurora

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Main track Designations at Aurora
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 01:08:14 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, qutlx1@... wrote:

> Guys as info.,
>
> The Main tracks were numbered from North to South. Whether you
were   on the
> east end, west of Aurora towards Galesburg or out the C&I

The main tracks were numbered from the north.  Technically Mains 1
and 2 diverged through crossovers west of North Avenue Aurora.

There were two left-hand #20 crossovers on Hurd's Island, between MP
38.23 and 38.31.  East of these crossovers the 3 tracks were
designated as (Chicago to Aurora) Mains 1, 2, and 3.  West of the
crossovers the tracks were designated as a siding to the C&I, (Aurora
to Galesburg) Main 1 and Main 2.  Main 3 ended at the west end of the
southerly crossover, at MP 38.305.  The Savanna Main was not an
extension of Chicago-Aurora Main 1, but rather began at a right-hand
#20 turnout off of Aurora-Galesburg Main 1 at MP 38.444.

Glen Haug