Re: [CBQ] Re: Cat Job

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Cat Job
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:24:25 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Besides the chains also banding from box cars they use to use for grain doors,
Bull Bars on Stock cars(the bar was on a chain and held the livestock in until
you got the door all the way open).  I always stop way  back at a crossing so
brake shoes, pallets dirt and rail cars hopefully will not hit me.
One nite going home from Galesburg on Rt. 41 south at Wick's Crossing(just
south of the tie plant) we were stopped for a coal train which had changed
crews so was departing very slow.  When the train cleared the cars started
across the crossing.  But the north bound cars were all going around one car
stopped dead in the road.  As I went by going south I looked over and there was
a person in the drivers seat head  back sound asleep.  Dead in the middle of
the road
Got to watch the crossings.
SJH