Fwd: [CBQ] Virgil Gilman Trail Aurora

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Virgil Gilman Trail Aurora
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:18:13 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I'm sure others on this list will add to my modest response.
The trail you refer to is the former EJ&E from just North of Plainfield near
Rte 30 that went to the near west side of Aurora on Woodland Ave. Teddy
Roosevelt once road to Aurora from Joliet.
 This was known (logically as the Aurora branch). It split at a wye just west
and under ILL Rte 31 in Aurora(Lake Street) in front of S.A.(Stephanson
Adamson). The west bound leg of the wye was the CM&G that was a Milw road line
DeKalb and Kirkland. 1948 was the final year for CM&G.
Rather than bore you with the entire legacy of the CM&G(Joliet and
Indiana,etc). Let's leave it there. I refer you to recent and back issues of
the Milw
Railroader(Milw road historical societ pub.).if your interested.

Leo