[CBQ] Re: Burlington & Ottumwa (IA) Yards

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Burlington & Ottumwa (IA) Yards
From: "apo09324" <apo09324@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 04:22:09 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This is what I learned at supper tonight from my BJ connection.
They are not switching the Burlington yard or the Ottumwa yard.
They will be switching the industrial trackage in Ottumwa which is
basically the Excel meat plant.  They will be using a geep in
Ottumwa which came from Council Bluffs.  It will be repainted
tomorrow (Friday).  A crew will leave from Burlington in the morning
to switch Mt. Pleasant and then go on to Ottumwa.  They will switch
Mt. Pleasant again on the way home.  This will probably be six days
a week.  Personally, I would stay away for awhile with cameras.
There are some unhappy campers out there.

Ken Vandevoort

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@...> wrote:

> There was a posting to the IowaRails Yahoo group that reports a
union worker
> at galesburg said that the Burlington Junction Rwy. has taken over
the
> yard's in Burlington and Ottumwa.  He didn't know what day they
take over
> but the unions are not doing anything about it. As I find out more
I will