[CBQ] Looking For Information On Station At Montgomery ILL

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Looking For Information On Station At Montgomery ILL
From: "Dave Fiore Sr." <df514@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:07:26 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello
I am preparing a history of the CB&Q / BN / BNSF station at
Montgomery, Ill and request assistance.

My research indicates:
1.      Chicago & Aurora RR established station at Montgomery between
October 1853 and August 1854;
2.      Station facilities consisted of depot (built of stone);
3.      CB&Q acquired gravel pits near station by 1853 and converted
site to sheep pens late 1892;
4.      An interlocking tower was constructed at the station by
January 1871 for controlling train movements between mainline and
Ottawa, Oswego & Fox River RR (Streator Branch);
5.      Tower was razed in 1969;
6.      Station facilities now consist of metal building (Signal
Maintainers). Old concrete feed elevator remains standing at site of
sheep pens (removed early 1960s?)

If anyone could provide me with specific dates, structure details,
station map, photos, etc, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am especially seeking copy of June 1917 CB&Q Station ROW and Track
Map, Valuation Illinois 2-B Maps 8, 9, and 10 with parcel numbers,
grantors and grantees. I will pay cost of copies and postage.

Please contact me on or off list at df514@aol.com

Thank you very much.

Dave Fiore Sr
Montgomery, IL