[CBQ] Re: N scale Intermountain F3 Grayback color

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: N scale Intermountain F3 Grayback color
From: "j_bonkowski" <jbonkowski@psemi.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 04:37:33 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Llarryo1@... wrote:

> Jim and Charlie,
>
> I received my F3's today.  I put them next to my FT's and the colors
 match
> all the way.  I really don't remember the Graybacks all that  well
--  they
> were retired while I was quite young  --  but  the color from
Intermountain
> matches my memories (for what that's worth).
>
> Larry Owen
> Bolingbrook, IL

I'm too young to even have memories of an F unit.  If the F3 color
matches the FT, it is probably right.  I never saw a complaint that
the FTs were off.

Intermountain seems to take color pretty seriously, so I would have
been surpised if they were off.  The few color photos I have in a book
could have any number of variations.  After all, they were actually
DEVELOPED from a negative, which already seems like black magic after
only a few years of the digital camera.

jim