Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2628

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2628
From: "MILTON CLARK" <unclemilty@bresnan.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:59:50 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have just joined this group mainly because of my interest in railroads that
served Montana.

Does anyone on this list have information about the Hardin MT track known as
the Hardin Beet Spur?  It once extended about 10 miles north to a point named
Foster.  Some of the spur still exists and serves a new co-generation plant
under construction.  The old sugar factory is still there also.

I would like to know the actual build date - may have been about 1926 - and
when it was cut back.

The line is not mentioned in the Overton CB&Q history.

Thanks.

Milt Clark
Missoula, MT