[CBQ] Re: N.J. 2-Track Signal Bridge Kit

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: N.J. 2-Track Signal Bridge Kit
From: Walter oHRNELL <wohrnell@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:33:13 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I believe there was a picture in the last issue of MR.

Lenny Ohrnell

CBQ@yahoogroups.com wrote:
There are 3 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Budd CB&Q/NP Slumbercoaches
From: "thommack"
2. Re: Budd sleepers
From: Bob Webber
3. Re: N.J. 2-Track Signal Bridge Kit
From: "Paul Kossart"

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:40:44 -0000
From: "thommack"
Subject: Budd CB&Q/NP Slumbercoaches

Per Glen Haug back in June 2004:

#########

The two "Northern Pacific" lettered slumbercoaches owned by CB&Q were

#335 Loch Arkaig
#336 Loch Awe

According to information in Charles Rudisel's book, they were built in
1959 as NYC #10802 and #10803. The way I interpret Rudisel's
narrative, these two cars were among 8 cars that NP bought secondhand
in 1964, and then re-sold to CB&Q in 1965. They had the letters CB&Q
in the ownership name plate on the vestibule end and PULLMAN on the
opposite end. Although similar in some respects to the 4
slumbercoaches purchased for the DZ, they had no skirts, and had OSH
trucks.

Glen Haug

#########

Since the Walthers Slumbercoaches are prototype for the NP/CB&Q cars,
I relettered a Walthers Burlington Route car I had into NP with the
CB&Q sub-lettering. These cars were used on the NCL, so they fit my
era and area perfect. The Microscale NP passenger car decal set along
with the Walthers decals supplied with the car has everything you
need. They look great!

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Message: 2