Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q XM-5 Boxcars in Green

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q XM-5 Boxcars in Green
From: Russell Strodtz <19main@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 10:04:44 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tom,

That series was all auto parts cars.  CB&Q's contribution to
the various pools.  I saw very few cars of auto parts and can
not even recall this group at all.

At the time of the merger they were assigned to:
City Auto Stamping at Toledo OH
Ford at Dearborn MI
Ford at Sterling MI

This was another of these deals where if you wanted any business
you had to contribute cars to the pool. Might not see them loaded
for months but you would be getting loads out of that pool, just not
in your cars. There was no effort made to connect the car ownership
with the routing.

Any painted green?  I have no idea at all.

Seems to me the most common type of box car that was seen painted
CB&Q green was the old ratty 41900-42499 single doors. Many of
these cars were in hide service.

Russ