[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Runthrough etc.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Runthrough etc.
From: "dave_Ndrgw" <ntrains@macfocus.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:29:30 -0000

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "pcv333" <pcv333@y...> wrote:
>      I've been doing more research on CB&Q runthrough operations
during its
> last decade of existence.  Here is some information from a Morning
Sun all
Go to Nov 2001 Q archive when someone with an email of 'mack' produced
a thread on the same topic.
>> Date:  Wed Nov 7, 2001  5:51

I too am culling research info but for the DRGW connections to justify
some ocassional 'colour' on my consists.

> CB&Q had runthrough operations with UP.   This posting confirms that
CB&Q
> had runthrough operations with EL.  As I stated in an earlier
posting, other
> railroads...

As many would-be historians would caution, a single source comment/
document without references is not in itself adequate 'proof'- often
unsubstantiated and misinterpreted by casual observers or reader
prejudices one should look for 'formative' themes and 'developing
supportive data', in this case company documents, eyewitness accounts,
schedules and actual dated logs  before one can 'confirm', with
sufficient authority.

regards, dave w

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM