Re: [CBQ] 55 Ton hoppers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 55 Ton hoppers
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:28:31 -0800
Brad,

There are pics in Spoor's "CB&Q Color Guide". In later years they were
used to haul sugar beets which is probably why you saw them at the sugar
factory. You might also check the Bulletin on sugar bees.

The Atlas car is not right as it is an offset side car and the Q cars
were outside braced.

The Athern steel twin hopper makes a close stand in. You need to scribe
a horizontal line on the side as the Q cars used two sheets of metal.
Then remove the left ladder and put in a rung the full width of the opening.

Ken Martin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM