Re: [CBQ] Walthers Pullmans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Walthers Pullmans
From: Bob Webber <zephyr1@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:16:46 -0600
Walthers, unlike Branchline, is NOT making a habit out of putting the
correct name and road name on cars.  This can be a problem.  Especially
when they put a ex-gothic series of Pullman name on a newer car (meaning,
among other things, you have a car name that should be on a shorter car on
a longer car).

I suggest that you find the PCL Yahoo group, and you find the Pullman
Project on the web.
http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/
Follow the links, and you will find a database that the Pullman Boss has
put together that should answer your questions.  It will require some time
to search, but it is a a worthwhile endeavor if you plan on running CB&W
heavyweight trains (or anyone else's).  Unfortunately, a simple answer is
not available.

Remember too that if you are modeling pre-1948 (depending on car) you will
want the cars that say "Pullman" on a Pullman-green car with gold lettering
(again depending on car, that is covered in the database in most instances).

Another resources is the Bulletin with the Exposition Flyer as it is
arguably the best passenger train book that has come out in years (and
covers a lot more than "just" the Expo).

Having said all that, 12-1's are not very likely to be found with air
conditioning and a road name on them.  By the time that you see both, they
12-1's have either been converted to some other configuration, been
relegated to troop trains, or have been demoted to tourist cars (but with
Pullman on the letterboard).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM