Re: [CBQ] Tank cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Tank cars
From: "East Pass" <EastPass@19main.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:53:46 -0500
Rupert,

These were built by A.C.F. in 1964. They became BN 974000-974049.

I recall there was a little PR fluff about them when built. Some
stuff about them being used for Cottonseed Oil out of Lubbock.
This sounded good on the face of things but this was in the old
days of Traffic Bureaus and Routing Tarriffs. Only times I saw
them used in this service to the Midwest they were routed from
Fort Worth or Wichita Falls to Kansas City or St Louis over the
MKT.

By the time of the merger they were pretty much confined to
diesel fuel service where they remain to this day.

Russ