[CBQ] Which direction did the domes run?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Which direction did the domes run?
From: "Rick Keil" <rkeil6721@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:17:53 -0500
Bcc:
Okay all, this may seem a dumb question but I will explain at the end.
Looking at Randall's Passenger Car Library Vol 1, it appears that some dome
cars like Silver Buckle/Brand and Silver Cup/Kettle, that the dome would be
towards the front so the passengers in the dome section would be facing
forward (if I read the diagrams correctly).  Were the cars faced so that
passengers would always face forward (requiring turning at the end points)?
Facing backwards to me seems to be no big deal as I am military and
everytime we fly military transport, we are facing backward!  Thanks

Rick Keil
Ft Campbell, KY