Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Freight Symbol Question

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Freight Symbol Question
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:52:45 -0600
Rick,

That would not make much sense. Yard at Harrisburg
was Enola. Altoona was a back shop location. I do
not think PRR train designations of that era had
much to do with the Origin/Destination. More oriented
to the traffic carried.

AST4 = Mixed carload and TOFC perishable Chicago to
       Northern New Jersey.
AC2  = Dead freight Chicago to Conway.
TT2  = TOFC only Chicago to Philadelphia and East.

Would seem to me that the "T" in AST4 would indicate that
the train carried some, but not all TOFC.

In my previous long message I mentioned the Westbounds
coming into Cicero with the power that was supposed to go
back. The PRR's symbol was "PR3", due to arrive at Cicero
at 0515.

Russ