Re: [CBQ] re: packing plants

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] re: packing plants
From: "Steven Holding" <s.holding@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:36:24 -0600
While at the Galesburg Convention this fall.  Be sure and go to the Packing
House Resturant in Galesburg.  The last time I was there the front door
shows how the horse drawn(later motor driven) trucks would load.  Inside a
lot of the cooling coils were still in the ceiling as were the meat rails.
Meat was sold by the side and the local butcher did the work.  Now it is
most boxed.
Outside you use to be able to see the doors and were the tracks use to run
thru the buildings.
sjh