[CBQ] Re: Railway Classics EA shovel nose engines

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Railway Classics EA shovel nose engines
From: "nycbqfan" <jsauer@estee.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 23:33:37 -0000
Ray,

I have the Silver Knight/Silver Princess set and they are very nice
models.  They run very well and look terrific.  The A unit has a well-
detailed cab interior.

In order for the full-width diaphragms to function on tighter curves,
the diaphragm on the A and both on the B are mounted with top and
bottom center pins that allow them to swivel.  The diaphragms are
integral to the back wall of the units, so the back walls swivel as
well. Of course it's not prototypical but they look better this way.
The little pins are plastic and some care must be used to ensure that
they do not break (one of mine came with a broken pin, but Railway
Classics sent a replacement quickly).

Overall, very nice models of unusual locomotives (did I hear that the
EA B units were the first B unit diesels made?).

John Sauer
Huntington, NY

-- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@h...> wrote:
> I know several on this list have purchased the Railway Classic
EA's. I would
> like to know what you think of them. How well do they run?
>
> Thank you,
> Ray Bedard
> San Jose CA

To visit your group on the web, go to: