[CBQ] New BLI 2-8-2 O-4 details

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] New BLI 2-8-2 O-4 details
From: "Florian Griessenboeck" <florian@voldoepperwirt.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:12:58 -0000
Hi Gang.
My two Broadway-Limited O-4 Mikados will arrive soon so it's time to
go for the detail parts. I don't have a lot of photos to refer to,
mainly the single page in "Steam Locomotives of the Burlington"
After all I've seen there is evidence that at least those equiped
with a Worthington BL feedwater heater had only one single air pump
mounted on the right side of the engine. Can you confirm that?

The factory lettering is gold on black, without the red background.
Is this correct for the early 1940's ? Or do I replace it with white
lettering on the O-4's ?

After all I found out it is neccesary to convert the tender to oil.
Does the switch to oil also affect any other important details on the
loco itself?

I am looking forwart to getting some imput, I would higly welcome
suggestions on available photo sources.

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Florian

Yahoo! Groups Links