[BRHSlist] Frt Cars & Harry Murphy

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Frt Cars & Harry Murphy
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:35:20 -0000
1st for the frt cars - Rupert, our New Zealand mbr is still seeking scanned or
"xeroxed" CB&Q/BREX pages from vintage Official
Equipment Registers. He is compiling an all-time list of Q freight cars (when
they came on roster, when last in use, # of cars in each
class, etc). If you like you can mail xerox's to me as cost's far more to mail
to NZ than to Iowa!  Will combine into one large envelope.
 So email Rupert: gamlenz@ihug.co.nz  with dates you can provide; if he needs
those dates and you can scan & email to him, great;
if not, xerox & mail to me for a combined mailing:  Gerald Edgar, 230 West 5th
St., Garner, IA 50438-1404
Again, don't have any OER's pre-1970?  How about a friend, area RR museum, etc?
 We will benefit from this project just as we do
with the indices he prepares @ the BRHS web site.

This ties into Harry Murphy (as for having his address Pete, got it from Allen
Moore (Q Civil Engineer) yrs ago when lived near Aurora
& went by the house on sort of a pilgrimage).  Saved it for some reason in my Q
fact book!  Murphy was to Burlington frt car innovation
on the Q as was Budd with passenger equipment.  The Burlington was not only the
1st RR but the 1st TRANSPORTATION company
to use foam insulation, for example, and also had an experimental aluminum open
top hopper, etc.    So make your New Year's
Resolution now to offer at least one OER date to Rupert!  Thanks.....

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: