Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Question for RR freight modelers...

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Question for RR freight modelers...
From: Val Nelson <super-chief-val@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:24:47 -0600
I made my own "Tool" by modifying a extra Athearn wheelset I had laying around.
  First, I moved both wheels to the middle of the axle.  Then I took a file and
filed a flat spot on the 'needle' point, filing to the dead-center of the axle.
  I did this on both ends.  This made a nice 'drill bit' cutting tool, in
effect, on each end which, when applied to a truck, makes a clean cut which
perfectly matches the Athearn axle.  Plus, the wheels in the middle are perfect
for spinning with a finger.  Total cost: $0.00!  Best Idea I ever came up with!
-Val

--
The only time we have had lasting peace is after a Military victory.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511