Re: [BRHSlist] F3 Passenger Units

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] F3 Passenger Units
From: PSHedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 20:00:45 EDT
Marshall et al

I caught the 9962C on a MAIN train summer 1956 Lincoln-Ravenna.  It was still
in it's original colors...Can't say about regearing....

BTW who remembers my "KNIFE STORY" which created quite a litte conversation a
few months ago....It involved whittling down a flagstick which had been
broken, for the installation of green flags as we were to run as First 43
Lincoln
to Ravenna.

See top photo page 194 BB 45...9962 in the lead with, of all things, green
flags...The one you see on the fireman's side is where I placed the "remodeled"
flag after suitable "dressing down" for not having a knife at the
ready....Picture taken in 1948...might even have been the same flag I installed
in
1956....

Talk about a memory for trivia....but that's how it is at my stage in life.

Pete

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511