Re: [BRHSlist] Fw: [n_scale] Dispatcher Phone recordings

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Fw: [n_scale] Dispatcher Phone recordings
From: PSHedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:33:09 EDT
Bob, John and list

RE:  number of copies....I wonder if the number of copies handed up varied
from division to Division on theQ...I don't see how it would, but I distinctly
remember that on the St. Joe Division (where I watched) and the Lincoln-Wymore
Division (where I was a brakeman) that you only got one copy on the head end
and one on the rear end...

I think we disccussed this some time back and at least one other Ex Q person
confirmed it.

On the Rock Island we had two copies on the head end and two on the RE which
was good.

I was involved in a near mishap on the Q in 57 where we had a situation where
a meet was changed a couple of times by annulments and a superceding order..I
lost track of whether we were to head in or not under the final order....The
old head engineer  had "bit my a..." so many times on the trip that I hadn't
the nerve to ask him to see the orders again...

Fortunately we didn't hit, but the Road Foreman was on the other train...(OWW
III if you're reading this, it was your dad) and consequently there was an
investigation....The engineer got restricted to branch line service...which was
a good thing for both him and the company.  I got nothing (probably because I
was "new"...Don't know what happened to the fireman..who, of course, was "back
in the engine room" when the critical moment came..

Comments old trainmen and ops........

Pete

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511