Re: [BRHSlist] Fw: [n_scale] Dispatcher Phone recordings

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Fw: [n_scale] Dispatcher Phone recordings
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:51:00 -0700 (PDT)
Pete
I still  say "naught" (instead of zero), and every
once in a while people will ask me about it. I'll tell
them I learned from train dispatchers. You should see
some of the looks I get!

Zeigler Junction
19 copy 3...SD...to C&E Extra 4960 South.... BK you're
going too fast ....... Train #11 motor #9844 run one
hour late Herrin Jct H-E-R-R-I-N J-C-T to Cambon
C-A-M-B-O-N.
Made complete at 10:35 pm LWR

Oh how I loved that dispatchers line. I could listen
for hours to them "putting out" train orders and
hearing the operators repeat them back. Each Op was a
little different in their technique. Man, could those
old guys spell fast. The old heads never said
"BK"(unless they absolutely had to). It was a matter
of pride!

John

http://shopping.yahoo.com

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511