[BRHSlist] St. Charles Air Line

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] St. Charles Air Line
From: "Ed DeRouin" <Ed@pixelspublishing.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 11:11:50 -0000
Charlie, Gerald, Russ, and others:

One must be careful when citing only one historical reference!

Charlie is correct in the regard that an east-west right of way was
chartered and built by a company named Chicago, St. Charles &
Mississippi and I believe that a part of that east -west ROW was
used by the Galena (later C&NW) to connect to that ROW from
Western Ave. (CNW not CB&Q). I also believe that the connection
in Oak Park is correct.

Where I differ in opinion. and that is just that, opinion, is that the
crossing of the South Branch of the Chicago River was done by a
consortium of four railroads, ICRR, CB&Q - call it what you will,
the name changed during const, - MC and C&NW. The CStC&M
was consigned to history by that time.

At any point, I hope those of you that have the book are enjoying
it.

Regards,

Ed DeRouin

Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM