Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q EMD E5 Preservation, and CB&Q Alcos?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q EMD E5 Preservation, and CB&Q Alcos?
From: Don L Zinnecker <dzinnecker@j...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:53:59 -0500
Alan, The sole surviving E5 is at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union,
IL. It operates, and pulls the stainless steel Nebraska Zephyr
articulated train set. On special occasions it has ventured off the
Museum grounds and traveled to special events. It went all the way to
Ft. Worth, TX a few years ago, and has been to Galesburg (Illinois)
Railroad days, I believe.

The Q did have Alco S2 switch engines. Photos I've seen show them
working mainly around Denver, CO.

-Don Zinnecker