crew problems

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: crew problems
From: "leo_mccauley2001" <leo_mccauley2001@y...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 00:26:10 -0000
In Mendota, so I have been told when steam was still running, of a
gentleman who was an engineer, on occasion his son a fireman made a
run together. As I am told Dad was not fond of son working with him
apparently from past runs, however on this particular run, on getting
on the engine, son spilled dad's coffee, "whooooops" well as the
story went, dad leaned on the whistle cord every chance he could and
as long as he could, naturally making son work that much harder to
keep up steam, at the end of the run, dad asked ths son if he would
spill his coffee again, son's reply, No, dad. Leo McCauley McNabb,
Il.