Suspicous?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Suspicous?
From: "Jan Kohl" <jkohl@n...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:53:18 -0400
Not CB&Q, but given some of the stories you all have been telling, I'm
wondering if there might not have been of animosity going on here...

"On September 13, 1949, about 3:20 a.m., at Marceline, Mo., while an Atchison,
Topeka an Santa Fe Railway Diesel-electric locomotive was hauling a freight
train at an estimated., speed of 4 miles per hour, the engineer's foot slipped
from the safety control pedal of control unit 101, resulting in sudden stop of
the train with heavy run-in of the slack. The conductor who was in the caboose
was seriously injured."

I'm not saying that it COULDN'T happen, I'm just saying that I've got a
different outlook now... :)

Cheers!

Jan