Re: [BRHSlist] Low car ahead of w/c

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Low car ahead of w/c
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:21:37 -0600
Leo,

One afternoon 67A pulled out of the yard at Eola and Cicero Yard had
complied with that agreement to the letter. One of those oddball 60
some foot trailer flats was right ahead of the waycar. Don't remember
if it was a PRR,TTX, or CB&Q. Only problem was the bridge plate
was down and wedged against the railing at the front of the waycar.
Was still upstairs when they went through the x-over out of the yard and
I could see it rock back and forth. They just threw the list for me to
teletype at the steps out of the waycar window. I got on the block phone
and asked Aurora to talk to them. They did manage to get it fixed before
they went by Aurora, probably had to pull the pin on the waycar.

Is that why they called them "Snuffies"?

Russ